Chief Information Security Officer
My goal for our clients is to develop a rational and efficient plan to protect critical systems and secure important data. That doesn’t mean buying every product someone offers, but it does mean developing a specific understanding of what’s important to your business, securing that data well, and managing risks without breaking the bank.
My name is Dennis King and I personally oversee and participate in securing our client’s data. I’ve been building, managing, and testing cyber security systems and processes for over 20 years working with large and small companies in the U.S. and internationally.
I regularly write for industry journals and speak at professional organizations to increase security awareness and help organizations meet their security goals. I’m always looking for ways to make information security understandable for everyone.
Working for the world’s largest commercial technical services organization, I’ve managed teams responsible for securing sensitive data and systems, developed cloud security and backup solutions, architected web hosting solutions, and managed support teams across the U.S., Canada, Europe, and Africa.
I hold multiple credentials and certifications recognized across business, technology and privacy fields:
- Certified | Chief Information Security Officer (C|CISO)
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Certified | Ethical Hacker (CEH)
- GIAC Certified Forensic Analyst (GCFA)
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- ITILv3 (Information Technology Infrastructure Library)
- B.S. Engineering from Purdue University
- MBA Washington University in St. Louis
My experience allows me to balance business needs with technical constraints.
Contact me today.
Rates and Pricing
Pricing options to match your needs:
- FREE initial consultation for new customers. An information security officer will meet with you to discuss your organization’s needs at no cost or obligation. Call 314-632-6334 to schedule.
- Hourly Emergency Support Services – Working Security will provide immediate support to organizations experiencing a cyber security breach on an hourly basis. Credit cards are accepted for immediate support.
- Project Services – Penetration Testing, Risk Assessments, Policy Development and other projects with definable durations are offered as fixed price, milestone based services.
- CISO Services – Engaging an Information Security Officer from Working Security allows organizations to fill a critical role in their ongoing compliance and security efforts. We offer retainer based services starting at four hours per month.
- Forensic Support and Expert Witness Services – Given the time sensitive nature of legal proceedings, an up front retainer for computer forensic services is required. We also offer device imaging services (without forensic services).
Contact us at 314-632-6334 for quotes and rates. Free initial consultations are available.
Ethics and Integrity
At Working Security, our mission is to protect the Confidentiality, Integrity and Availability of your business data. Our role as a member of your organization may include specific services but in every case includes a responsibility to you as our client, our profession and our community.
ISC2 Code of Ethics Canons:
- Protect society, the commonwealth, and the infrastructure.
- Act honorably, honestly, justly, responsibly, and legally.
- Provide diligent and competent service to principals.
- Advance and protect the profession.
We take these responsibilities seriously and operate within the following codes of conduct and ethics:
- CISSP – ISC2 Code of Ethics
- GIAC – Code of Ethics
- ec-Council – Code of Ethics
- Project Management Professional – Project Management Institute Code of Ethics
Professional Associations and Memberships
Working Security is a member of the larger security community and participates in international, national and local organizations.
Our staff belong to and hold certifications with:
- ec-Council – Certified Chief Information Security Officer (C|CISO)
- International Information System Security Certification Consortium (ISC2) (Meets DoD Directive 8570) – CISSP
- Global Information Assurance Certification – GIAC Certified Forensic Analyst
- SANS (Systems Administration, Networking, and Security) Institute – Member
- Project Management Institute – Project Management Professional
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers – Member